austin food permit and food requirements
- Complete the temporary food permit application: Temporary Food Permit Application.
- Email completed permit application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Temporary Food permit fee ($280/permit).
- The permit fees are reviewed yearly by Austin City Council who assigned the current fee in October 2022. Please read all of the Austin/ Travis County Event Food Handling details on the city’s website: Austin Food Permit Requirements.
- Temporary Food Permits are required by the Austin/ Travis County Health Department to sample or sell any prepared, opened, or cooked food or beverage at events.
- Permit Applications due March 15th to meet the Austin Health Department deadline and to secure your permit to serve/sample prepared food/beverages at Texas VegFest.
- Late fees apply to applications received after March 20th (Fee determined by the health department, $100)
- Temporary Food Service On-Site Requirements: Required booth information and set-up for all food vendors in Austin/Travis County
- Event Booth Set-Up Checklist: Use this checklist to ensure you have all listed requirements before the event opens (Health Deparment will shut down any booth that does not meet their requirements)