Find even more plant-based resources on our Texas Veg Foundation Resource Page:
Whether you are a professional Master Chef or just beginning your culinary journey, we have a few resources that can help you include more plant-based foods into your diets, today!
- Websites, blogs, videos and other online resources
- No Meat Athlete’s list of 50 Resources for New Vegetarians
- Hurry the Food Up’s 60+ Resources to Get You Started on a Vegetarian Diet
- Culinary Nutrition’s Top 50 Vegan Blogs
- Purple Carrot’s Top 8 Online Vegan Resources
- Top 30 Oil-Free, Plant-Based/ Vegan Recipes Websites by Bloomfit
- One Green Planet’s list of 10 Best Vegan Cooking Channels, and Vegan Junction’s Top 20 Channels on YouTube
- Choose Veg’s 8 Vegan Recipe Videos That Will Make Your Life Easier
- Engine 2 Plant-Strong Meal Plans, and Recipes
- Meal/ Box Deliveries and Community Supported Agriculture Gardens
- Meal Deliveries
- Farmhouse Delivery
- Purple Carrot Meal Delivery, making it easy to cook new and inspiring vegan meals
- The Meal Kit Review‘s Best Vegan Meal Kit List
- Paste Magazine’s list of 10 Impressive, Healthy And Delicious Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly Meal Delivery Kits
- FoodBox HQ’s Top 12 Vegetarian and 7 Smoothie Deliveries
- Community Supported Agriculture Gardens
- Meal Deliveries
- We recommend Blissful Bites by Christy Morgan, Simple Vegan by the editors of Good Housekeeping, Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero, The 30-Minute Vegan by Mark Reinfeild and Jennifer Murray, or Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.
- Vegbooks has a great collection of books available focusing on plant-based, cruelty-free living.
- Best Vegan Books You Really Need to Read in 2022 | Veganuary
- 11 Insightful Books For People Considering Veganism (livekindly.com)
- Vegan Books on Every Topic: Recommended Titles – Vegan.com
- Vegetarian Society‘s list of top books!
- Scottish Book Trust’s list of 10 Books That Will Turn You Vegetarian
- Book Depository and Good Reads also have fantastic lists with some of their most sought out plant-based cookbooks
- Visit your local library for many vegan cookbooks to browse and check out!
Adapting to an all plant-based diet can be challenging; we encourage everyone to do what they can and incorporate more plant-based items based on informed decisions that are best for their health and family. To help maneuver through the challenges that a plant-based diet presents, we shared a list of helpful resources that answer the interrogative “how”. For more resources, head to our Texas Veg Foundation’s Pledges, Kits, and Guides Page, and Cruelty-Free Products Page.
- Vegan Food | Myvegancity.com
- Order a vegetarian starter guide from Compassion Over Killing
- Zen Habits Guide to Eating a Plant-Based Diet
- Choosing Meat Alternatives That Are Healthy and Sustainable – Milken Institute School of Public Health/ Georgetown Washington University
There’s no doubt that people around the world are eating more veggies, fruits, legumes, and grains! So many places are popping up, and turning into veg-based establishments, it’s hard to keep up. Here is a list of resources that can help you start eating more fruits, veggies, legumes, and grains today!
- Austin/ Central Texas-based
- 5 Texas Restaurants That Will Change Your Mind About Vegan Food – Texas Highways
- The 10 Best Cities in Texas With Must-Visit Vegan Restaurants | VegNews
- 12 Places To Find Good Vegetarian or Vegan Food in Houston (visithoustontexas.com)
- Dallas Vegan Food | DallasVegan.com
- The Vegan Guide to Lubbock – Hub City Veg (wordpress.com)
- Dine On Campus at The University of Texas at Arlington || Vegan + Vegetarian Dining Guide
- Vegan Restaurants in Texas, USA (happycow.net)
- Nation and World-wide
Many people choose or are looking to a plant-based diet to help combat health issues and concerns. We wanted to share a list of useful health resources that can help you or your family get the most out of a plant-based diet. You can find more health resources on our Texas Veg Foundation Health Resource Page, here.
- AMA Diabetes Texas State Facts Sheet: (diabetes.org)
- Vegan Health
- The Vegetarian Resource Group
- Homepage – Montgomery Heart & Wellness
- Vitamins and Minerals – How Much Do I Need and Where Do I Get It?
- Or look for these books: Vegan for Life by Jack Norris and Ginny Messina or
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition by Julieanna Hever
People live a variety of lifestyles, and it can be difficult to find resources for each individual’s lifestyle needs. While we don’t claim to have all available resources listed here, our team tries to include as many community resources to help individuals include plant-based items in their everyday life. For more resources, go to our Texas Veg Foundation Resource Page, located on our foundation’s website. If you have a resource you think may be valuable to our community, send us an email to email@example.com.
- Cost Effective Healthy Eating: Eating Well on a Budget – HelpGuide.org and Genius Ways to Get a Healthy Lifestyle on a Budget | The Healthy
- Leaping Bunny cruelty-free shopping guide
- Looking for a Vegan and Vegetarian Group? Locate groups across Texas: Texas Vegan and Vegetarian Groups – Google Search
- Veganic Gardening: Gardening without animal products or synthetic substance
- Guide To Veganic Gardening – Farm Animals Facts & News (earthandanimals.com) and Savvy Gardening both have great list of growing fruit and vegetable gardens so you can always have fresh produce available at home!
- Find a vegan mentor at the Vegan Society