Attendance to Texas VegFest is free to the public. We offer a thank you swag bag filled with exciting items for attendees who donate $5 or more. Public donations help pay for the educational lectures, youth activities, featured nonprofit, and community outreach. Texas VegFest is orchestrated by Texas Veg Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
Sorry, no pets are allowed within the festival grounds. We love dogs, but we don’t believe the festival would be a comfortable environment for our beloved pets due to heat, crowds, food, and other considerations. Some of our nonprofit organizations under the pavilion may have rescue animals to help drive home their mission. These are the only pets we allow on site with the exception of certified service animals. Service animals with official identification are welcome.
The Cap Metro website has directions from your location to the venue. Popular routes include:
- Bus route 22 Chicon Saturday: drops off at the RBJ Health Center west of Fiesta Gardens or East 2nd and Robert Martinez.
- Bus route 17 Cesar Chavez Eastbound Saturday: drops off at East 2nd and Robert Martinez.
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF THE NEIGHBORS AND THE NEIGHBORHOOD. PAY ATTENTION TO CITY SIGNAGE AND DO NOT BLOCK DRIVEWAYS.
WHENEVER POSSIBLE, PLEASE CARPOOL, BIKE OR TAKE ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION.
Bike racks will be available for you to secure your bike at the corner of Chicon and Jesse E. Segovia Streets.
Please be mindful of City signage as parking is restricted in some areas and you will be towed if you park in a no parking area.
- Parking is available on the streets around and surrounding Fiesta Gardens. We especially encourage attendees to try and park WEST of the venue if at all possible to avoid the neighborhood.
- West of the venue there is parking on both sides of the street on Comal immediately West of Martin Middle School. Martin Middle School has lots on the North side and at the intersection of Comal and Nash Hernandez St. There is also a lot on the Northeast corner of Martin Middle School.
- Heading East on Nash Hernandez Blvd from Comal St. there is parking on one side of the road on the lower and upper sections of the road, and to the end of Nash Hernandez Blvd.
- Further West from the venue Waller Street has parking as well.
- If you park in the blocks surrounding the venue on Riverview, Haskell, Holly or the cross streets like Chalmers, Chicon, Lynn and Anthony, keep in mind you are in a residential neighborhood.
Disabled / Accessible Parking
Parking for persons with disabilities will be provided at the West side parking lot on Chicon, north of Fiesta Gardens, on a first-come, first-served basis. You must have a State issued placard or licenses plate to park in these spaces.
Texas VegFest partners up with Texas Disposal Systems Green Events to keep the festival green. We share TDS’ commitment to preserve the environment through waste prevention and recycling. Look for clearly-marked TDS recycling bins and composting bins to help us keep Fiesta Gardens clean for future generations to enjoy.
Each person is allowed to bring two sealed bottles of water per person; otherwise, food, beverages (including alcohol) and more are for sale inside. No glass bottles are permitted on the festival grounds.
The following items are prohibited: guns, knives (or any other weapons), wallet chains, glass, alcohol, illegal substances, pets, framed or large backpacks.
Of course! There’s a dedicated youth area complete with cooking demonstrations, educational lectures, yoga, face-painting, food, drinks, and more!
Texas VegFest will go on rain or shine!
- However, as our venue is the property of the City of Austin, they have the final say on postponing or rescheduling due to inclement weather.
- Both our team and the city have heightened monitoring the week before the event to gage potential risks.
- We have proactive volunteers working with us to ensure attendees are safe in the event of sever weather during the event.
- Our team will have the city staff, on-line weather monitoring, and APD on site to help determine our action decisions.
- We’ll make any announcements here on our website, on our social media, and through or speaker and music stages, so please keep posted. Our volunteers will help direct attendees to dry land or the exit if required. Exits are clearly marked on our maps.
- In the event of inclement weather, listen for notices on our stages, look for updates on our social media and our website, then find a volunteer to help you get to shelter or leave the grounds if required.
All event patrons and belongings may be searched when entering the festival grounds.
Portable bathrooms will be available (including accessible portables). Bathrooms will be marked on our festival map which can be found here: Texas VegFest Maps.
An official festival photographer will be documenting the festival, and your image may be used in future promotional materials.
Head to our mission page, here: Texas VegFest Mission.